Enabling Business Focused Marketing Processes
Our client is a major retailer in a fiercely competitive market that is crowded with other similar retailers. In this environment, our client is focused on expanding sales growth while maintaining its industry-leading margins.
Our client had partnered with a marketing service provider (MSP) to supply turnkey direct marketing solutions. The client had a fairly large list (70MM) of customers in their database and were deploying a direct mail campaign approximately once a month with the primary objective of driving traffic to one of their retail stores. The client decided to bring the direct marketing operations in house for several key reasons:
· Desire to expand marketing programs and channels without incurring substantial incremental costs
· Inability of the MSP to expand the use of strategic segmentation data
· Cost seemed high for the services rendered
· Limited visibility into operations and data resulted in lack of insight regarding possibilities
· Lack of control over how mailings were deployed led to flat reporting and unverifiable results
As part of the data architecture process, Argos discovered and rectified several legacy data issues resulting in streamlined data processing, reduced duplicate mailings, and more reliable reporting.We also developed additional reporting that allowed the client to accurately track responses to marketing events across data dimensions of key importance to the client by fully utilizing their purchased third-party data. As part of this new reporting and data infrastructure, we were able to provide deep closed loop response analysis and exposed new target audiences that had previously been under promoted and under realized.